Saturday 23 February 2013

Plumbing

Last Thursday I was woken by my downstairs neighbour as she had water coming through her ceiling. I had a coating of water all over my kitchen floor.

After investigation and several bottles of sink degunker we worked out that the drain was blocked with solid stuff so the u bend had to come off.

Friday before work saw me in my pj's under the sink unscrewing the u-bend and other sections of plumbing, removing the grit (which I suspect has been washed out of my paddling clothes by the washing machine) and putting it all back together again.

Saturday I was stiff, Sunday stiffer and by Monday barely walking.  A trip to the docs sees me with good painkillers and a series of appointments with the physio.

Plumbing has now resulted in two missed paddle sessions and today demoted to a gentle session round the basin.

Why, oh Why is it that I don't hurt myself paddling but doing something ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment