Wednesday 13 February 2013

Sarah's week

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm bored.  Not just bored I'm annoyed and I miss Dan.  I don't get to do what I want when I want and spend too much time near water and in the gym.  I've broken all my nails, there is mud permanently ingrained down the sides and I haven't had my eyebrows and eyelashes tinted since before Christmas.

This is my admission that I am a little on the high maintenance side.  This year's Easter trip is to a recreation centre with canoes in Holland as opposed to Paris or Brussels for a weekend relaxing in bars and coffee shops.  I can't even remember when I last bought shoes I didn't need, a handbag or ordered from the Hobbs or L K Bennett websites!

Why is it so much hassle -  here is my week:

Monday - 6am - get up go to work starting 8am finish 5.30 and straight to the gym.  my gym work out is:

5 minutes warm up on hill routine of bike
15 minutes on runner - again the hill cycle (will be 20 from next week as I can now still breathe after 15 mins)
then weights  - 3x15 pull downs of 27.5kg super setted with 15 flying arms (lateral raises to shoulder height) with 5kg weights.
3 times 15 tricep pull downs at 15kg super setted with15,  7kg bicep curls

3 times 15 leg raises with 20kg weights mixed with sitting rows at 30kg.

then 3 times 15 crunches; 1 minute plank and 15 squats

then 5 mins cool down aerobically and a walk up the hill home.

I'm trying to add 2.5 - 5kg to everything, every couple of weeks

Make dinner with Dan, shower get kit ready for next day - sleep.

Tuesday - 6am up and out of the house asap as have LARGE bag and need to be able to get on the tube.  Arrive at office and its locked - walk round till office opens.  In at 7.30 and working

5.30 dash off to canoeing - average 20 laps round basin (7 miles) - then to pub to catch up on social life, tube home - shower, sleep

Wednesday - up at 7am off to work - leave 5.30 dash home and train (most weeks) with Dwayne - an hour of hell - shuttle runs, strength work, aerobic, kickboxing etc etc etc.  Limp home, shower, make dinner, get kit ready for next night, sleep (admit that not this week - went to Dinner with a barrister for work - was nice)

Thursday - repeat Tuesday without social aspect.  Again not this week - Valentine's day with Dan

Friday - repeat Monday or skip gym - what happened to going out and getting completely hammered?

Saturday - up 6am - get boat somewhere, paddle all day - go home eat, sleep - thank god - mum visiting this week

Sunday - Have a life  - tidy home, get stuff sorted for next week - spend limited time with Dan maybe see friends, talk to mom, update blog.  However - Sunday soon to be a repeat of Saturday

aghhh it's Monday again.

Last year I did a relay channel swim - it was easier to fit in an hour or so trip to the Lido every morning and a couple of weekends in Dover Harbour than all of this paddle practice.

Has anyone worked out a way to train whilst sitting at a chair in an office?


1 comment:

  1. You sound way too busy, take a few nights of every two weeks. Boredom will kill you faster then not training. If you wonder how we get so many hours training a day it is because we have the time and enjoy it for the most part! Annie is retired and I work from home when I feel like it. Our home is our gym and our training water (the Bay) is 2km distance. We couldn't do your pace and I'm pretty sure most racers don't either. Don't burn yourselves out. This is supposed to be fun :)

    ReplyDelete